Monday, April 25, 2016

Lots of Lovely Painting

Repast
What a marvelous weekend - The Hawkesbury Artists and Artisans Trail was on and I was "'in residence" at Jeanette Starr's Little River Artist Studios. Lots of lovely people to talk to, and I hope to have a date or two of coming workshops there in the future.

I have had some successes, at the Hawkesbury Agricultural Show I recieved a 1st Prize for Drawing, and a Third and 2 Highly Commendeds for other sections. I also found out I am shortlisted in the Fleurieu Food & Wine Art Prize for ''Repast''.

Term 2 started again at The Royal Art Society Art School, where I am teaching acrylic painting. If you are quick you can still enrol (For more info on coming classes and workshops click HERE).

I gave a demonstration for the St.George Art Society, which apart from being a great night with great people, gave me the opportunity to start another couple of paintings! (My favourite stage of a work).

What I am most excited about is my coming show at Purple Noon Art Gallery. Less than two weeks to go until the opening, and I still have a possible 5 more paintings I would like to finish for possible inclusion. We shall see...



And here is the invitation! If you are in Sydney in May, I do hope you can come visit; apart from the opening, I plan to be at the gallery most Sundays for the duration of the exhibition.


No comments: