Monday, July 04, 2016

Slow and Steady

I haven't picked up all of my work from Purple Noon Gallery yet, but I must say I am very happy with the outcome of the exhibition "Kaleidoscope".

Happiness comes in several forms for a working artist. Three key ones for me are: SALES - yes I had sales enough to pay the bills and more besides.  EXPOSURE - yes good publicity was generated and I had visitors throughout the exhibition, PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT - I produced new work and am excited at the direction I might take in the future, and the show looked fabulous. Another element I look for is - OPPORTUNITY FOR FUTURE INCOME. Happy to say that was covered as well, I have some commissions, and have booked in a couple more exhibitions in the next 12 months.

So, post exhibition I should have cleaned up my studio, evaluated old works and made some sort of plan for the future. I have done some planning.... but my studio is in a woeful state of disarray. My usual procedure is to clean a space before I start a new project/canvas so I had better keep with that!

At KAB Gallery with "Cannonade"



Took a day trip up to Terrigal last week and left some new work with KAB Gallery. I look forward to similar expeditions up the the Gold Coast and down to Melbourne in the next few months. Always nice to visit the galleries that I am a part of.













I finished a few paintings since I wrote last.


From left: "Skull with Gerberas" 53x35cm Mixed Media, "Legacy" Mixed Media 76x55cm ,
"Watchtower" Mixed Media71x49cm

From left: "The Family Thorne" 36x36cm Acrylic, "Secret Garden" 20x15cm Mixed Media,
 "If There Be Any Virture" 92x105cm Acrylic

My PLAN for the coming 8 months is to finish at least one painting a week. So glad we are on the other side of the winter solstice. I need every extra minute of daylight I can get!

Coming up

TERM 3 at The Royal Art School, Lavender Bay North Sydney starts next week. Heres some information

Camberwell Art Show
The Camberwell Art Show celebrates 51 years as one of Australia’s leading art events for established and emerging artists.
Dates: 8 July - Gala opening night (6.30pm to 10.00pm).
Regular opening 9-17 July 2016.
Hours: Weekends 10.00am - 5.00pm, Weekdays 10.00am - 9.00pm.
Venue: Swinburne University Advanced Technologies Centre, 427 Burwood Road, Hawthorn 3122.
One Day Workshop (with me!), Castle Hill 17 July
Im not sure what spaces are left, should be a fun day. Contact Details

No comments: