Monday, August 18, 2014

Artists Diary week ending 17 August

Art Times & Art Crimes

Writing this on the Monday after the week just gone, I cant remember a thing. It was a blur of getting the last few paintings ready for my show in Balmain and generally just getting through the week.

I finished 3 paintings:

"Humoresque" Acrylic 12"square

"Spring is Coming"
Acrylic, 20" square

"Blossom"
Acrylic 24"x20"



My class's mosaic table nearly done!
Printmaking with Plasticine














Saturday I had a great afternoon attending the first of Purple Noon Gallery's Lecture series. Art Crime with Vicki Oliveri. Very interesting and entertaining. I hope I can make the other lectures - next one with Patrick Shirvington who is a fascinating speaker as well as a great artist.

No room for passengers





Sunday was delivery day to Breathing Colours Gallery. It was a miracle I managed to fit all 25 paintings into my hatchback. Come and see the exhibition and be amazed with me! The paintings will be available for public viewing and sale from Tuesday 19th August, with the official opening on Saturday 4pm.





So coming up is "Springsong", running from 19 August to 31 August, Breathing Colours Balmain

Also the Hawkesbury Artists & Artisans Trail is running its Open Studio weekend. I will be at Taryn Malzard's studio with a painting or 10 and some linos and wood engravings available. I may even find the time for a demonstration or 2 over the weekend.


No comments: