Sunday, May 18, 2014

Artist's Week ending 18 May 2014


Shifting into a faster gear now that the date of my solo show "Open Garden" is looming. 2 weeks to go, and I can say say I am confident of a good show. Maybe I can even think of cleaning the studio sometime soon.

A busy couple of classes teaching - (clay sculpture, glazing) and then a visit to The Art Scene for supplies and some frames. I can always find something I 'need'. I will often buy my supplies online, (various sites), but it's nice to browse and check out the merchandise from time to time.

Spent a day at The Ferry Artists Gallery in Wisemans Ferry. A little quiet for a, Friday, but I caught up with fellow artists and was privy to a special meeting in preparation for a future project the Gallery will be involved in.

Friday night Tara Anglican Girls School opened their árt exhibiton for their "Great Day Out" Celebrations. It was rather nice to see that they hung one of my works next to the House of Fraser Diamond display. It was also one of the best catered exhibitions that I've been to. Food & drink plentiful and of very good quality. Well done to all involved.


The weekend was all paint! 3 works finished this week:
Feeling Happy!
 
"Wonga Takes a Walk" Acrylic, 92x92cm
"Currawong" Acrylic 60x30cm

"Rose, Geranium" Acrylic & Oil Pastel 60x90cm



No comments: