Sunday, March 16, 2014

Artist's week ending 16th March 2014

The week started very well - with a visit from a lovely couple who came to view some paintings in my studio. Visits are always welcome - it gives me a very good  incentive to clean up!

One class for the disabled - continuing the clay platters started last week, a delivery to Woollahra Art Removals, a visit to Breathing Colours Gallery to pick up work & The Art Scene for framing & supplies.

Stan Stevens Room, Deerubbin Centre, Windsor NSW


Friends of the Hawkesbury Art Community & Regional Gallery (FoHACrg) held their Acquisitive Exhibition over the weekend in Windsor. Some very nice pieces there, (including 3 of mine!). I am please to say my friend and mentor Judy Brownlie's work won the prize and the acquisition.






2 paintings worked on this week, and I drew up a couple of linos ready for cutting. - These are going to be more in my wood engraving style, so I hope my eyes and hand are ready for the challenge!



The weekend was an indulgence. A clay sculpting workshop with Alan Somerville. Everyone worked on their own project so it was great to watch a  hare, horse, rabbits, cats, figures & torsos emerge from coils of clay. I finished a bust I designed my name in mind (Melissa means "honeybee"). I hope she is made well enough to survive the kiln in a few weeks time!

Lady with Beehive
Next week is the opening of the Port Stephens Art Prize, and "Art in the Hills" at Oakhill College, Castle Hill.

No comments: