Sunday, February 02, 2014

Artist Diary 2nd February 2014

I DID NOT FINISH ANY PAINTINGS THIS WEEK!

There, I said it. I am aghast, and to some extent, depressed. Granted, I've been busy, but I'm always busy. Maybe I just allowed myself to take it easy. *small joke there.

Art Of Sydney held at the Maritime Museum Darling Harbour ended well. No sales for me, but still happy that unique pieces of art are being bought by the public. I helped out on the desk on Monday morning and spent the rest of the day enjoying Darling Harbour with my family.


I delivered paintings to Breathing Colours Gallery, 446 Darling Street, Balmain. This is a lovely little gallery in between Rozelle & Balmain on the main street. I recommend a visit - lovely jewellery, accessories and covet-able homewares, as well of course, some rather nice paintings.

'Brave Art'
Multiple artists
Saturday1st February to Friday 28th February
Celebration Nights: Saturday 8th and 15th February 4-7pm
An Exhibition that explores new directions, risk taking and the experimental

Drawing did happen this week - I took my new Christmas easel outside behind the house watertank and rediscovered the truly lovely piece of land where I live. I did spare a thought for the possible sleepy snake as I clambered over the rocks, but I was searching for the morning sun as it hit the moss covered boulders and saplings, and the subsequent shadows. My little dog was with me, as protection or bait I havent decided yet.












Whats on Next Week

A drawing and teachers exhibition is the first show on at Lavender Bay Gallery, Royal Art Society. Opens next week

As mentioned before,  "Brave", opening Saturday 8th February at Breathing Colours Gallery, Balmain.

And a special show - "All in Black & White" with the Hawkesbury Printmakers. This group was formed less than two years ago to bring printmaking and its delights to the Hawkesbury region. This will be the group's 2nd exhibition.



No comments: