Sunday, January 19, 2014

Artists Diary 19 January 2014

It certainly is hard getting back into the swing of things, the year is powering ahead and I don't think I have caught up yet.

I have had some happy news - one of my paintings has been accepted into the Stanthorpe Art Prize, stay tuned for more news about that I hope.

Went to the movies to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Being a Tolkein tragic since I was 11, I must thank Peter Jackson for making January movie releases an event to look forward to with yet another movie. I enjoyed it very much, and the additional storylines did not detract at all

I managed to finish one painting this week ("My Heart Rejoices", acrylic, 12" x 12"), and I worked on 3 other works.



 
One Postcard this week
 
"Pandanus Postcard"
Available from ArtFido.com.au
 
Coming up next week will be The 24th Art of Sydney Awards at the Maritime Museum, Darling Harbour. 24 - 27 January. Come and see if you can find my 4 paintings amongst the many and varied wonderful works.
 

No comments: