Monday, June 30, 2014

Artist's Diary, Week ending 29 June 2014

In a haze of 'busyness' at the moment. Thank goodness for diaries. I keep my phone up to date, but I cant think straight without my desk diary - sometimes I have misplaced it and I risk total brain meltdown.

"Voyeur"  20" x 16", Acrylic.
I finished a painting for Purple Noon Gallery at the start of the week - we needed a replacement fast for a painting sold out of the exhibition. Entitled "Voyeur", it is a garden scene of bathing firetail finches being watched by a wall mounted gargoyle.

I also needed some framing in a hurry. Luckily, Purple Noon Gallery can also provide! And Carl (brilliant artist and part time framer Carl Stringfellow), shared timtams, so my Wednesday was set.

Printing more of the wood engraving edition
"Sleeping Tiger"
Wednesday was also the day my painting was delivered the Art Gallery of NSW to be entered into the Wynne Prize. It was an extremely windy day so I was imagining the canvas sailing over Sydney harbour like a large multicoloured kite, hopefully not with my father in law still holding on to it.

I picked up my sculpture from the Hawkesbury Community Arts Workshop. "Lady with Beehive" will eventually take pride of place on the verandah, but I may wait a while until our 7 month dalmatian isnt quite so rambunctious. Several years people tell me.

"Lady with Beehive"
stoneware
A meeting with the Hawkesbury Artists & Artisans Trail. A "pop up" market is being planned for 19 July, Richmond, Sydney.

The weekend was spent at "Willandra", the historic house that the Ryde Art Society call home. I taught a painting workshop there and encouraged bold colour and even bolder brushstrokes. I was delighted with the works that were being produced.















The weekend got even better when I was told that I had been awarded at Highly Commended for one of my paintings at the Camberwell Rotary Art Show! Hoping for some sales also to be the icing on the cake.



John Klein
Toni Pratley, Rosemary Keegan, Phil Budge, Jan, Dawn,
Toni Courtelis, John Klein














Finished works this week
1 Painting
2 engravings
1 sculpture
Coming up this week:

Drummoyne Art Show

North Shore Craft Group 4 day exhibition at Thornleigh (Sydney)












No comments: