Sunday, June 15, 2014

Artist's Diary - Week Ending 15 June 2014

 The week started with a painting demonstration for Nepean Art Society. I was a bit rushed at first because I got lost (left my directions at home!) but all went well, and I believe it was enjoyed by the members who braved the wet weather that night.

Checking out the brushstrokes
 

 A meeting at The Ferry Artists Gallery on Tuesday. The centre is looking wonderful with its new supermarket and coffee shop, and we look forward to an increase in visitors in the coming months. The next exhibition there will be a special "All works on wall under $360" called "Wall to Wall", so I have to have a think about what I might be putting in there.
 





I love getting parcels
 
The Post Office was visited. exciting because I not only sent my work to Umbrella Studio Contemporary Arts (Townsville)  for their exhibition & exchange "Compact Prints 2014"  ,  but I also received my orders from McClain's Printmaking Supplies - some Resingrave, a wood engraving substitute for wood; and 3" square maple blocks from Art Boards. Now to get planning my prints!









A meeting with a potential client for a commission, Then Bubblewrap Prints and Clay cupcakes were on the agenda for the classes at Hawkesbury Community Arts Workshop, then a quick trip to the airport to deliver a loved one to a plane. (A quick trip for me is an hour and a half drive!).



Painting delivered to the Hawkesbury Regional Gallery for their upcoming Art Fair, opening on Friday 20th June 6pm



works in progress
Saturday was a lovely sunny afternoon spent giving a painting demonstration to new friends at Oatley 101Society of Artists. I am looking forward to finishing these two in the near future.
 
Sunday spent at Purple Noon Gallery talking with visitors and generally relaxing really.
 
Purple Noon Gallery, Freemans Reach
Coming up:

"Open Garden" at Purple Noon Gallery still on until 2 July, I will be "in residence" again on the Sunday 22nd June

Hawkesbury Regional Gallery Art Fair Opens 20 June

Camberwell Gala Arts Preview Saturday 28 June

Workshop with Ryde Art Society 28-29 June
 

No comments: