Monday, June 23, 2014

Artists Diary week ending 22 June 2014

I think I must have been needing a break after the opening of the Open Garden exhibition - I feel like I achieved very little this week.

One of the pitfalls in entering art shows/prizes is that you feel like you cannot miss any of them and there is a frantic scramble to finish new work for every deadline. But you know what? YOU DONT HAVE TO. That is my advice to myself this week, and I actually finished reading a novel, and thought about printmaking (which is my more time consuming work that I need to slow down for).

The Art Fair opened at The Hawkesbury Regional Gallery on Friday - and we were all busting to be there and have a look to see how local artists were going to be treated there. Well, I can say with pride that it looks fantastic. How the organisers hung such a huge collection of works each in their own group so well, I don't know. But each Community art group were treated with respect and were showcased beautifully on the Gallery walls. It was lovely to go to the opening and feel like the Regional Gallery was well and truly "ours". I hope it will be become an annual event, that we will eagerly anticpate. So if you are in the Windsor (Sydney) region, please go and visit, and support us.

I went to a meeting with the Hawkesbury Printmakers Inc, and we discussed how best to utilise the group in the future. Looking forward to some workshops and open print days in the coming months.

I spent most of Sunday being resident artist at Purple Noon Gallery. I am one painting shy of selling half the exhibition! 8 more visiting days to go!

Here are a couple of engravings worked on and a new still life painting (orchids)



The busy coming weeks are looming, so maybe the holiday is over and its time to get back to it!

Coming up - Teaching a 2 day Acrylic Painting Workshop at Ryde Art Society 28-29 June

Opening of Camberwell Rotary Art Show 28 June

North Shore Craft Group July exhibition 3 - 6 July

No comments: