Sunday, July 06, 2014

Art Diary Week Ending 6 July 2014

I survived the week! Always a good thing to celebrate.

Started with Monday visiting the gallery (Purple Noon) and meeting up with a beloved friend, who introduced me to another artist Andy "Greedy" Smith from the band Mental as Anything.

Tuesday drove to Drummoyne and delivered works for their Art Awards -  and I heard from a visitor to the awards night on the Friday that I had won a 2nd prize for one of them!

I had planned on visiting a friend's show that night, but I needed to finish some pieces before Thursday. So I had to stay home and work.

Painting completed "Orchids"



Posted my work to the Australian Minature Art Awards, bought clay for the coming class at HCAW, Varnished, Backed and Wrapped work for the delivery of work to the North Shore Craft Group Show.



2 more paintings completed, as yet unnamed.



Thursday a big day. Early morning trip to Thornleigh (an hours drive) to deliver work to for the North Show Craft Group Exhibition. Drive to Richmond to the Community Arts Workshop where students glazed their finished work ready for firing. Then a visit to Purple Noon Gallery to pack down the show and take some work home. I did end up selling over half the exhibited works, so very happy with that!
Quick change at home then back to Thornleigh to take part in the opening night. Despite the cold, a good turn out of regular and new visitors.

Colour of the Year display at NSCG Opening
NSCG pretty much took up the rest of the week - worked both the Friday and the Saturday. The days were long, but spent catching up with talented artisans and seeing a lot of beautiful work. I bought a couple of pottery pieces by Leigh Bampton  and Gillian Dodds.
Rachelle Juter, Jeweller

Nicky Coady, Potter
Show was packed up on the Sunday, and yes I did sell a couple of pieces so it was a worthwhile investment of time.



Coming up - a weekend away!
and after that the opening of Australian Miniature Art Awards at Willoughby, Friday 18th July 6.30pm
Hawkesbury Artists & Artisans Trail Art Market Saturday 19 July

As an end note, I would like to recommend a couple of companies to you:

McClains Printmaking Supplies - brilliant service and very quick postage, and where I buy Resingrave, synthetic wood engraving blocks.

The Sydney Canvas Company - very quick to make up custom sized canvas, and I really appreciate the careful delivery - my driveway and shed can be a bit daunting for some.





No comments: