Sunday, July 13, 2014

Art diary week ending 13 July 2014

I don't think I finished a single art project this week - Im still in rest mode I think.

I have done quite a few sketches for new paintings and have planned what canvasses Im going to use for what, so I can just go into mad paint mode... when I eventually find the restart button.

My highlight for the week was a quick trip to Melbourne. We just had to go see Les Miserables now that it has come back to Australia after a very long break. So a marvellous weekend was had, eating fabulous food, drinking very good coffee, revelling in the architecture, revisiting the laneways and quirky shops, and, always high on my priorities no matter where I go - relaxing in a quality hotel, this time the Mercure, Treasury Gardens which I will give a plug because the staff were so welcoming.

 


My favourite mural - mosaic by Mirka Mora at Flinders Street Station
Amy & Zeke with Cosette


Quirky acquisition at the Makers Markets by Hanna Mancini
I also bought locally made clothing at The Cats Meow, (Kylie Jane & Berserk)
 
New shop at Cathedral Arcade, "Limedrop"

 
So back to work this week! Coming up is the Hawkesbury Artists & Artisans Trail Art Market at Magnolia Mall, Richmond NSW - website

 

No comments: