Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Paintings & Parties

Delivered work to Lavender Bay Gallery for the Christmas 9x5 Show. I was planning a linocut amongst the paintings, but time got the best of me.
Should be a good show. Here is one of my works: "On Solid Ground"

The Hawkesbury Artists & Artisans Trail held their Annual General Meeting, at which I was very pleased that all positions were filled quickly and by most competent folk.

And although I missed attending the opening of the Royal Art Society's show on Friday, I managed to attend The Ferry Artist's Christmas show as well as popping into Penelope Oates' first solo show that is being shown at Sassafras Creek, Kurrajong. All great shows and well worth a visit!

Artist Penelope Oates


I also managed to finish SEVEN paintings! After bellyaching about not being able to finish work the last few weeks, the unfinished managed to be completed after a few extra early mornings in the studio. I am so fulfilled right now!

Some are going to 19Karen Contemporary Artspace on the Goldcoast - click on link to see the works. A couple have gone to Breathing Colours Gallery in Balmain, and the two birds are off to Purple Noon Gallery for the Christmas Show that opens Saturday 6th. Oh and one is a possible commission - just need to paint the 2nd version.


 So the coming week (that we are already into!) promises a couple more exhibition openings:

The Blacktown Art Prize, opening Friday 5th

Purple Noon Gallery Christmas Show, opening Saturday 6th

Have a lovely week!

Artist Ulla Abildgaard & myself at Ferry Artists Gallery

No comments: