Monday, December 08, 2014

Out & About in the Rain


It has been a very wet week. My empty wetlands have filled up and my little dog is a nervous wreck from all the thunderstorms. I quite like storms - they are a respite from the heat. But they aren't much fun when you have to drive in them, and when you want to hold an exhibition, it will definitely put a dampener on the festivities.
"Sturt's Desert Pea", Acrylic on Canvas 12" sq
I delivered some paintings to the framers to be made ready for delivery to 19 Karen Contemporary Artspace on theGold Coast.  Hopefully by next week! I also managed to finish 3 more works.

"Haredenbergia" Acrylic on Canvas, 12" square

 The Blacktown Art Prize opened on Friday. The Arts Centre looked fabulous, and there are some very good works there. I recommend a visit. It was lovely to catch up with a few artist friends also.

Julie Simmons, who had her work acquired by Blacktown City Countil
Mum and I in front of my painting "Sanctuary"

There is a lovely 150 year old church (St.James) in Pitt Town, not far from where I live. When I heard they were putting on an art show, I wanted to be part of it as a ''local artist" The show was just on for the Saturday and the church looked marvelous. I had both prints and paintings exhibited, it was beautiful to see my colours mirrored in the stained glass windows of the church. 

Printmaker Sheila Sharp and I setting up a display

Sandstone & Stained Glass.. and my paintings

Purple Noon Gallery also opened a show on the Saturday. All works under $600 and I made quite a wishlist in my head of cushions, jewelery and exquisite little etchings. But boy did it RAIN. Never a good thing to happen during an opening, tends to keep people away, but it was a very nice evening nonetheless. Go check out the show!
Purple Noon Gallery, Paintings and Cushions

And here are some very nice pieces of jewelry, with some little canvasses by Yours Truly.
 Have a good week everyone. I wonder if we will get rain every day like last week...The watertank must be nearly full by now!

"Domicile" Acrylic on Canvas, 40"x30"






No comments: