Monday, December 15, 2014

Its Beginning to Look A Lot Like.. The Middle of December

 Yes I know Christmas is around the corner, and I actually enjoyed an afternoon in the shops on Tuesday afternoon - went to Westfields in Hornsby and wandered about trying on perfume and hand creme (for no other reason than I wanted to) and picked up a few gifts for loved ones. But, there are daughters who are moving house / planning overseas trips & or weddings, dogs and cats that need to be fed and paintings in my soul that wish to be created!

Had an exciting delivery on Monday. Yes I know it looks like a pile of boxes but inside are 30 canvasses! Art Scene is one of my suppliers and as it was their sale week - what an opportunity not to miss. I adore the thrill of new projects.

Still had to battle summer storms whilst driving to and fro. On Thursday, artist-friend Julie Simmons and I braved the elements to attend "Into The Light" a joint exhibition featuring the luscious paintings of Richard Claremont and the peaceful clarity of Jane Canfield. Held at 2 Danks Street Waterloo, I recommend a visit!

Richard Claremont, Kristine Ballard & Julie Simmons



I was SO inspired after that night, I just wanted to PAINT. But life still needed attending to and I went to the office instead. On my gallery duty day at Ferry Artists Gallery I did paint a coffee cup, .... because I could. And later that day finished "Flying Home" 

"Flying Home" Acrylic 24" x 60"

I have also started new works that I cant wait to get back to

Underpaintings and a coffee cup!

This coming week sees an Opening at Breathing Colours Gallery

and there is also the under $600 show on at Purple Noon Gallery as well as new works arriving at 19Karen Contemporary Artspace.

Links to the galleries on THISPAGE

Have a good week!

No comments: