Monday, November 03, 2014

The pitfalls of "Last Minute"

A dire heading I know, but it seems I had spend all of the week trying to catch up to things, and getting things wrong probably due to haste. A good lesson to have from time to time.

It was mainly the stress of getting my paperwork in order to send to the accountant for the end of financial year deadline, PLUS the quarterly GST that was due early in the week. I had a program that wasnt working for me too well - I need to change back to one I am more familiar with. I also lost my passwords etc which was a bit of a hindrance!

The other last minute vexation was in not reading an entry form correctly and getting my framing wrong. Printed, hand coloured, framed and posted the works during a heatwave in time for deadline, only to find out my mistake later.

Anyway, most of the week was rather brilliant regardless. I had a visitor to the studio who bought a framed wood engraving for a special gift. I played art judge & critic for the Hawkesbury Camera Club, and I found out I am a finalist in the Hornsby Art Awards.

Hawkesbury Camera Club

I also managed to paint, pick up and deliver works from various events, and did a days duty at the Ferry Artists Gallery.
Ferry Artists Gallery


Macquarie Towns Arts Society at Pitt Town Sporting Club

Coming up is a weekend workshop in Grose Wold NSW and the Balmain Art & Craft Show. My motherinlaw is also visiting from the USA, so I look forward to some social time.

Wonderful clay creations from my disability class




Works in Progress - Watch this space!


No comments: