Sunday, September 28, 2014

Artists Diary, week ending 28 September 2014

On The List

What a week - I suppose the enormous highlight would be finding out I am a finalist in the Paddington Art Prize. I enter a lot of these bigger shows, and have been a finalist in quite a few, but it always comes as a surprise and a thrill when I see my name on the list! For me, making it to the Paddington A/P is huge, and I am so looking forward to the opening. First of all I have to get the painting there (its 1.4 x 1.8 metres) so its a bit cumbersome. And I have a constant nervousness that something will happen to it before it gets on the gallery wall.


Sculpture by Norman Lindsay

 

















I visited the Norman Lindsay Gallery in Faulconbridge this week. We are having the most beautiful weather at the moment, so after a leisurely meal in the cafĂ©, we wandered the grounds and I managed to do some sketching.

At the HCAWorkshop we had fun finished some clay "owl pots". I always wish I had time to make my own.

I am also pleased to say we finally finished the mosaic table. The students from Salisbury made and glazed the tiles and letters, and with some extra pieces of broken tile, the table was mosaicked and grouted. It is SO heavy. Im going to have fun delivering it I think.


Angelique





Saturday was portrait day. Angelique, our model was a delight. And ONE day I may finish one of these portraits of mine.....







I taught a one day workshop for the Parramatta Art Society. By the end of the day the room was full of colour and luscious brushstrokes and tired but happy (so they tell me) students.

Students work
Parramatta Arts Society

I finished 3 paintings this week.
"My Desire", Acrylic on board, 61cm x 92cm


"Reward" Acrylic 61cm square
"The Place I Wait" Acrylic  24"x60"


 This coming week - The Parramatta Art Society Annual Art Awards.

No comments: