Sunday, May 04, 2014

Artists week ending 3rd May 2014

We are into May? Goodness me, luckily I have started finishing off my works due for exhibition early next month. The first 4 were delivered to one of my framers on Monday (Purple Noon Gallery & Framing). (OPENING 7TH JUNE BY THE WAY).

Movies on Monday "The Winter Soldier" Go Captain!


On Tuesday a trip to Winmalee to deliver works to their art show that was held on the weekend. I was unable to attend but I heard I received a prize for one of my prints and sold a piece which is always a boost.

Also delivered work to the Hawkesbury Show which is on next week.

I also have been doing a heap of paperwork - a necessary chore if you want to be organised about finances, works in shows & galleries, and promotion. 

Thursday was a hectic day teaching a couple of classes. We had a lot of fun - the first group worked with stencils and the 2nd group painted a table! (For an ongoing mosaic project) Whats not fun about painting furniture :-)- and some of the class really enjoyed participating which was gratifying to see. Luckily I left no paint on the floor etc and only a couple of students went home with paint on their clothes. Miracles happen!

Broadbeach on a beautiful Autumn Day
Friday was "get on plane day" - who doesnt like those days? A trip to the Gold Coast for a couple of nights.
"Tribute to Michael Jackson's best film clips" opened Friday night at the Sofitel Broadbeach, organised by 19 Karen Contemporary Artspace. What a great night with lots of people to talk to. I hope to get some more photos later.

In Michael Jackson mode
Cate Everett Devine and myself

Great crowd at the opening

My two works are on either side of the reception desk

Lovely news to keep me going this week - My entry into this years Hunters Hill Art Exhibition was accepted, and I sold a painting at the QLD gallery (19 Karen).

Have a lovely week, I myself need to get into serious painting mode for the coming exhibition/s.

No comments: