Monday, January 18, 2010

Have spend hours (days actually, this is afterwards!) playing with a program called "Tile Creator" , putting in scans of my paintings, learning the program and coming up with very nifty grids. The downside is that this is not for traditional mosaic, more for small squares of tiles in a grid that makes the pattern. I still hope to cut some tiles - especially for areas like tree trunks, but this way is probably quicker and easier for people to help me glue the tiles.


Part of my painting in grid form.

I also had to cut down the amount of colours to use (which was hard for me). I managed to get it down to 60 different colours.I still wanted to use as many possible!

As of today I have ordered my tiles from 3 different stockists. I LOVE Bisazza glass tiles, but to save some money, needed to get mostly the cheaper Asian tiles. Am still getting some Bisazza.

Where am I getting the tiles from? All over Australia it seems: Sydney supplier All Boxed Up,  Melbourne supplier Mosaic Matters, and Canberra supplier Mosaic Tiles 4 U. One of them (Melbourne) needed direct deposit instead the brilliantly convenient Paypal, so I have only managed to pay it now, but they all have been very helpful, and the Canberra people have already sent part of their order!

No comments: