Monday, April 08, 2019

Art in April

I've been very forgetful lately - sending the wrong photos to gallery submissions, confusion over what paintings are available and in what gallery, forgetting to deliver paintings to a show. If I actually looked in my diary every other day - I would not have this problem.

I like to think of myself as organised - I keep a spreadsheet of paintings - where they are, where they've been, where they sold.  I try and keep a photo file of all works and have recently been getting work professionally digitised for future projects. A folder is currently updated with future exhibition and competition information.
But these things fall flat of course if I dont diligently check, update and look at the diary regularly!

There are a few things happening this month.

The Sydney Royal Easter Show 12 - 24 April is a highlight in my year - the inner child loves an agricultural show - and this one has a brilliant arts and crafts display. Preview night is always fun to catch up with other artist friends.

This year I will again be demonstrating my painting style at the Derivan Stand (Saturday 13 & 20 April) so if you are about come say hi.

"I Meditate Upon The Mountain Trail"
Acrylic on canvas 65 x 65cm

"Seeing/Being - 6 Hawkesbury Artists" is a show at my local gallery Purple Noon Gallery - it is showcasing six Hawkesbury Artists and opening on Thursday 18th April (viewing from the 13th)... and opened by the very excellent Dan Kyle. Featuring  Greg Hansell! ,Matilda Julian, Judy Brownlie, Julie Simmons, Russell Smith and myself.

"Delight"
Acrylic on Canvas 65 x 65cm

For a special Mother's Day Promotion I will be demonstrating painting flowers at Chatswood Chase Shopping Centre. To get a seat, I suggest you book (free) through their system.




And to keep you posted - I am once again honoured to be included in the next group exhibition at Rochfort Gallery, North Sydney
"Land Rhythms, Collection 11"
From the 8th May 2019

"Flow'ry Charms"
Acrylic on Canvas 95 x 95cm

There,  I remembered everything so far!

Enjoy the rest of April as will I.  🌸





No comments: