Friday, July 19, 2013

3 New Paintings on Plywood

The inlaws have a new business (Kookaburra Ply) and I asked for some samples thinking I may be able to paint on the panels.

After sanding one side of the board (Formply has a smooth waterproof surface as it is used in concreting), I then primed, sanded and primed again.

 I thought I would paint as I normally would with a canvas using acrylic paint and bristle brushes. I had painted on board a long time ago, and it did take a while to get used to the way the paint went on. I think oils would have been a better choice, because I could have got a beautiful blend of paint on the smooth surface - it would have changed my painting style considerably!

Here are the finished pieces, already varnished and off to be framed and exhibited at Purple Noon Gallery.


Telopea
Well Into Spring
Eucalyptus


1 comment:

Maria Pinto said...

I love them! kisses